Wednesday, November 21, 2007

From Beck to The Dynamics

It has been over a year now since I have become a big fan of Beck, who is now one of my favorite artists. This is mostly because of his latest album, The Information, which I purchased from the iTunes store. Just recently, as a result of having made this purchase, the iTunes store recommended an album to me called Give Up by The Postal Service, while I was searching for new music in the electronica genre. I think this is an excellent album, and it really struck a nerve for me when I recognized the intro for the song, Such Great Heights as the music for the UPS Whiteboard Advertising Campaign, which had already caught my attention. After taking a new interest in The Postal Service, I did some research on the band and found that some of their other songs had infiltrated pop culture and several of their songs had been covered by other bands. Due to this finding, I went back to the iTunes store to sample some of their songs as performed by other groups, which is where I found the wonderful A cappella performance of Such Great Heights by The Dynamics. The Dyanamics is an A cappella group at UMASS Amherst and their first studio album is Crescendo. A performance by The Dynamics of Such Great Heights is available on YouTube which I have posted below and is the reason why I started this post in the first place. The video can give you and idea of the talent but it is no comparison to the studio version.


Labels: ,

posted by Clay @ 11/21/2007 09:43:00 AM   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger joe said...

Interesting, watching the Cowboys and the Jets and listening to your music and Schubert's "the trout" which I gleaned from Ann Pachett's newest book "Run". This book is not as violent and interesting as "Kafka On The Shore" but worth the $ on audible. She is one of my new favorite writers--still liked her "Bel Canto" the best but I think I have heard all of her books now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: This blog is for entertainment purposes. If you are a doctor, practice at your own risk.