Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Cyberchondriac

Here is another good word from Wordspy: Cyberchondriac-The meaning is self explanatory, but I think the citations are worth looking at, especially the earliest citation.

I have seen a few cyberchondriacs, but nothing too serious yet. I think I have had a worse time trying to get certain patients to take their meds after they read the long list of possible side effects printed out by some of the larger chain pharmacies.

Also check out a related word, Pierre Salinger syndrome.

posted by Clay @ 5/04/2005 08:00:00 PM   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger joe said...

At the Arkansas Medical Society's annual meeting at Branson, Mo. this past weekend, the program was much ado about EMR or EHR(take your choice), I used this term to the amusement of the crowd during one of my frequent trips to the microphone. All the physicians understood and had experienced the patient with 25 sheets of printed material from the net. Of note sometimes the pt. is correct in their self-dx.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: This blog is for entertainment purposes. If you are a doctor, practice at your own risk.