Sunday, April 10, 2005

Irregardless

Now this is a word that really irritates me. I'm not intentionally trying to pick on you Joe (this time), for your recent use of this ridiculous word because so many people use it. I was really surprised to see the Yahoo dictionary take such a damning stance on the use of this word (click here), though I wholly agree. I will sum it up: People use it when they are trying to sound proper, despite "the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term". I'm sure my concern means nothing to the phonically challenged Simethicorn, who derives his his own sense of identity, from his aptitude for muddling the medium through which we communicate.

posted by Clay @ 4/10/2005 04:23:00 PM   3 comments

3 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger joe said...

You probably don't like ER room either.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger joe said...

Also don't feel like you are "picking on me" because first I'm a big boy and second you don't have a lot of choice seeing that the other members of this blog are too busy or afraid of your incisive comments. That is why I am quick to applaud Simethicone HE is not afraid of you or me and so WELCOME
SINE QUA NON.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Clay said...

I can't argue with any of the above. Sine Qua Non has already been sent an official invitation to join the league. His acceptance and participation is much anticipated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: This blog is for entertainment purposes. If you are a doctor, practice at your own risk.