Sunday, March 27, 2005

Movie Amnesia

Discover Magazine recently reported on the portrayal of amnesia in movies. This is frequently brought on by a knock on the head and memory is later recovered by another knock on the head. A recent study of amnesia in movie characters by Sallie Baxendale, a neuropsychologist at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in London, looked at 60 movies. She reported that only three of them had accurate portrayals of amnesia, two of which I have seen and enjoyed, the other I have never heard of. I would like for all visitors and members of the CC to reflect for a moment and list a couple of movies they think are the most accurate. I will update with the answer after I get a few guesses.

UPDATE!! Okay, I guess I will give the answer before even you, Joe, lose interest, if you haven't already. The three movies deemed to have accurately portrayed amnesia by Sallie Baxendale were: Finding Nemo (Dory), Memento and Se Quien Eres.

posted by Clay @ 3/27/2005 05:18:00 PM   8 comments

8 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger joe said...

I didn't get it, are we supposed to guess something? Movies about amnesia?
Looked at both links and didn't see any help. Are my obtuse posts rubbing off on you?

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Clay said...

Yes Joe, your posts are obtuse, no they have not rubbed off on me. I will fix the post to correct for your lack of acuity

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger joe said...

I guess you liked Memento and Total Recall, and maybe The Bourne Identity.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Clay said...

You got one right. I bet you didn't watch the other one that I saw.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger joe said...

Mulholland Drive? Nurse Betty?

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger joe said...

Surely The Matrix or Eternal Sunshine... are too easy.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Clay said...

I'm holding out for at least one more person to take a guess, before I divulge, but if you get the other one I will tell you.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Groundhog Day or 50 First Dates

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: This blog is for entertainment purposes. If you are a doctor, practice at your own risk.