Friday, November 06, 2009

The Galactic Pot Healer

I just finished "The Galactic Pot Healer". I really liked it. It was incredibly bizarre. While listening, I was struck by a statement - "The child is the father of the man." - and it lit me up for the rest of the day. I hoped that it was an original of Dick's, but I searched it and it's a quote from a poem of a well known individual. Without searching the webs do you know who this came from?

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Clay @ 11/06/2009 09:43:00 PM   5 comments

5 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger joe said...

I'll guess Ol'Will Shakespeare or Bob Dylan.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger joe said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Clay said...

William Wordsworth. 1770–1850

The Rainbow

MY heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger joe said...

well I was pretty close at least had him "bracketed" on either side by several hundred years.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Snowbrush said...

Clay beat me to identifying the source of, "The child is father of the man..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: This blog is for entertainment purposes. If you are a doctor, practice at your own risk.