Friday, October 23, 2009


Well, this is the first Philip K. Dick book I have read(listened). I know he is kind of one of our heroes.
Remember he had temporal lobe epilepsy. And remember many other prolific artists did/do also.

I had a patient with temporal lobe epilepsy many years ago and it was fascinating to try to take care of him and his problems. He wasn't an artist but very interesting.

The book was good with many philosophic and theological concepts interwoven.

Labels: ,

posted by joe @ 10/23/2009 10:11:00 AM   3 comments

3 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Clay said...

I just downloaded it and look forward to starting it tomorrow. I just finished The Greatest Show On Earth by Richard Dawkins. I recommend it. It was better than The Omnivore's Delimma by Michael Pollan which was probably worthwhile, but as we previously discussed, I can save you the trouble by summing up the main point: We're mostly made of corn.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger joe said...

I just finished The Wild Sheep Chase by the Japanese author we like(can't reproduce his name). If you haven't read it you should. Not as weird as some of the others(Johnny Walker cat killer, etc.) but good, clear and a ending that keeps you thinking. I think you will like it.

I am currently listening to The Time Traveler's Wife per your suggestion. and have The Greatest Show On Earth next.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Clay said...

I already listened to A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami. I thought it was really good. I also enjoy the narration by Rupert Degas who has done some of Murakami's other books, he also narrated The Road. In case you didn't know SuperFreakanomics is now out and will be next on my list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: This blog is for entertainment purposes. If you are a doctor, practice at your own risk.