Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Arthropod in Ear Day Part I




The Phylum Arthropoda was well represented in my clinic recently. First I had a young kid come in with pus draining from his ear for 2-3 days. I thought this was going to be a run of the mill otitis, but no. I pulled out this insect in a piecemeal fashion along with a lot of stinky pus. I wasn’t able to get a thorough look at his TM because of all the pus and he had PE tubes which had been placed by our prestigious ENT blogger, so I sent the child over for Shane to get a second look. This is probably not a big deal to someone who does this all day long for a living, but it was a little unusual for me. I’m sorry for the poor pictures but it was the best I could do. Part II of Ear Arthropod Day is even more interesting.

posted by Clay @ 7/06/2005 09:06:00 AM   2 comments

2 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger joe said...

Who says our blog in not interesting?
You the man for getting it out(or at least parts of it). What was it cockroach?

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Clay said...

It definitely was not a cockroach. It was more like some kind of fly or vespid. I wonder if it was alive and worked itself in there or if it was already dead and the kid jammed it in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: This blog is for entertainment purposes. If you are a doctor, practice at your own risk.