Thursday, February 10, 2005

Glad you are BACK

I am sooo glad that you survived your "flu-like illness" even though you only got credit for a SUPER bowl.

Your post about the homepathic med.(I threw mine in the trash), brought to mind some recent conversations I have had with Lewis and Clark and the Corp of Discovery. Especially when Lewis and Clark were trying to decide if the north or the south fork were the correct Mo. R. and Lewis said "we must cogitate our facilities" . I love this phrase and suggest it might be our mission statement for the CC.

On a somewhat differnet note--my lawyer friend whom I recently removed a benign lesion from his ear, at our Rotary club mtg. today at "good news" noted he had SURVIVED my surgery.
My retort was I operated on his ear and then received a letter that he was sueing me for leaving an instrument in his body.


posted by joe @ 2/10/2005 06:27:00 PM   5 comments

5 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger joe said...

get Clay to explain theses brillant thoughts to you.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Clay said...

I will attempt to decipher one paragraph at a time.
a) He's glad I'm getting better. But he is mad that I only gave him partial credit for the vascular ectasia without the eponym(angiokaratoma of Fordyce), so he is giving me partial credit for my near death experience which clearly lasted more than one afternoon. I am not sure of the hidden meaning of the emphasis of SUPER.
b)This is a transparent segway for the bossman, there is no real connection between Oscillococcinum and trying to decide whether the north or south fork is the real Missouri River. Nonetheless his suggestion that we find a way to add the expression 'cogitate our facilities' to the mission statement is worth consideration.
c)As if he hasn't already changed the subject, he admittedly does so in his last and least statement. I'm not sure if I would call it a bad joke or just an expression of one of those classic, "You had to be there" moments.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger joe said...

As always an accurate interpretation of my thinking, anyone who can call a person a "chicken sh--" and not really use the words is worthy of the ideas AND ideals of the CC.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger joe said...

As always an accurate interpretation of my thinking, anyone who can call a person a "chicken sh--" and not really use the words is worthy of the ideas AND ideals of the CC.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger joe said...

sorry for the repeat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: This blog is for entertainment purposes. If you are a doctor, practice at your own risk.